A site dedicated to the discussion of the Wing-T offensive system and the Definative Wing-T
Buy a Copy of my Books today at scribd.com
Documents

Monday, September 24, 2007

The Wing-T, The best "O" around

I was reading a couple of different football blogs and they were talking about what is the best offensive scheme for high school football. I heard people talking about the power I formation, the double wing, the vier, and the wishbone.

I personally believe that the wing-T is the best offense for high school football. I think that if you have two equally talented teams and they are playing each other that the wing-T would win every time because the players have an advantage because they are angle blocking and it is a misdirection offense. The other offenses are dependent on their linemen manhandling the defensive line. If we in the wing-T can block someone at an angle and that person is less aware that they may be blocked that the battle can be won.

Here is where the battle lies. If a team is undersized and out skilled they will still have to fight to win the game. You need to have guards who are quick. a Tight end who can block, a quick running back, a pounding fullback, and a wing back who can run and catch. If you have these things you can win several games.

Because of this offense and my love to work with high school kids, I want to be a head football coach again. I love the challenge of trying to build the team and try to build that winning tradition. I have two years experience as a head football coach and 8 years experience as an assistant.

I gave up being a head coach after my son was born and also because of an administration who was unsupportive. If you have an AD who thinks they should still be the head football coach and won't let you have a budget, it is a little hard to run things the way you want things to run. But that is another long story that I don't really care to talk about.

I know that with the right assistant coaches, a supportive administration, and hard working kids, I can be a successful head coach again. I have been a part of winning programs and struggling programs. There is a key to success!!!!

0 comments: