A site dedicated to the discussion of the Wing-T offensive system and the Definative Wing-T
Buy a Copy of my Books today at scribd.com
Documents

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Should I feel Guilty???

I am feeling torn about something. How should I feel?

At one point in my life I use to be a head high school varsity football coach. I had some problems with the administration and am no longer a head football coach. I than moved to a differnt school and became an assistant varsity coach.

The head coach at my school has began to receive some pressure from several differnt sources. Sure he gets pressure from the fans and the parents because he hasn't been winning. However he has now gotten even more heat because he has shown to be very unorganized. He changes a lot of his offense every year. He is even inconsistant from game to game. If you know anything about football this isn't god. On top of this he has also been insonsistent on discipline matters and also very unorganized when it comes to (how to word this properly), I want to say manage the team but that isn't quite it. He is good at the X's and O's don't get me wrong, He is also good at scouting, I am just lacking on how to describe it right now. I know it sound stupid...

He doesn't have a players handbook. He doesn't give the players a O or D playbook. Most of the coaches don't have one. Most of the time the rest of the staff don't get a practice plan.

Again don't get me wrong I think he is a good guy and even a good coach. I guess I just have a different view of how things should be run.

Well any ways he was told that things had to change. He decided to make some changed by deciding to move two other coaches and myself down to redo the middle school program. I do agree that the middle school program was/is in a shambles. He decided to hire two good friends of his, drinking buddies, to become the new assistant varsity coaches. I was told to do middle school or quit.

I believe that the kids are great and that they can be a winning program. I just think things need to change and consistancy needs to become the norm. I decided that I am a loyal coach and to coach at the middle school. However I am pretty bitter over it all.

I know, people will say that I am not being a loyal coach because I am posting/blogging about it right now. I just have to get it off my chest though. If I offend this head coach and the football program at the school than I am sorry.

I would like to be a head coach again though and would love it to be at the school I teach at.

Any way back to the guilty part of this all. The varsity and the JV lost their 1st football games of the season. I was actually a little happy to see it happen. Maybe I shouldn't have because I should show school spirit and all.

0 comments: