A site dedicated to the discussion of the Wing-T offensive system and the Definative Wing-T
Buy a Copy of my Books today at scribd.com
Documents

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Football is finally here

It is that time of the year again when football camp has started again in Iowa. I don't quite know how other states do it, but here in Iowa we are allowed to have team camps any time during the summer (without pads) and can start official practices (helmets only) August 10th. This is 18 days before our first game.

I do know that other states have spring football, Iowa does not.

I am starting a new season at a new school this year. I am coaching at Bondurant-farar. A friend of mine is the head coach. I will be coaching the offensive and defensive line this year. Adam asked me to come on board to help them make it into the State Playoffs.

This has been a great relief to me. I just was not happy under the system that I was coaching in. The head coach and I had a difference of opinion about which way the program was heading. I expressed my opinion to him several times in private and finally I got fed up and decided to leave.

From what I have seen so far of Bondurant, it looks like we have the potential of being a team that can go along way in the playoffs. The lineman that I am working with are dedicated, hard working, and listen and respond well to the way I am coaching them.

I am still getting to know the kids and the other coaches on the staff. Overall I believe it is going to be a great year.

I still plan on becoming a head coach again in the future. I actually had to turn down three head coaching jobs this year because with the economy the way it is and after talking it over with my wife. I have just can't afford to uproot and move may family to another town. I don't think I could sell our house or to buy another at this time. There fore I am coaching at a new school but keeping my teaching job at the old one. Who knows maybe after this season there could be an opening for a head coach where I just left from.

Well wish me luck and I will keep you updated.


Coach D

0 comments: