A site dedicated to the discussion of the Wing-T offensive system and the Definative Wing-T
Buy a Copy of my Books today at scribd.com
Documents

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Buck Series - Bread and Butter

My next few post will focus on the Buck series. I will discuss each type of play from this series

I think that one of the best series of the wing-t is the buck series. This consists of the bucksweep, the trap, the boot, gut, screen, and the counter x-cross. These can be run out of numerous formations but to simplify things I shall show them out of what I call left and right formations. For those of you who are tradional wing-ters you may call these 100 and 900 formations.

I use to be a traditional wing-t, using the numbers and the series. I have since modified inorder to simplify things for my assistants and for my players.

The way I presently number my system is as such. Whole #'s are odd and even (odd left, Even Right)

Formation, Series #, Back #, hole # ..... ex Right 238 sweep





I tell my players to remember this rule for the sweep: Inside, Inside, Inside, Out & around


Z - Inside, Y - Inside, PST - Inside, PSG - Kick out, BSG - Around to pick up flow


The Center will block the man on him, If it is an even D they will block playside, Back side tackle will seal for the pulling guard.


Back field is as follows: Fullback aims for the back foot of the center, carrries out the fake
QB - open to hole, move down midline, handoff, continue boot Halfback - recieve ball, cut aiming for inside heel of Z, follow block of PSG


X will either run off the defender with a post flag or will stalk block defender


This is a wonderful play and highly effective. See the clip below (sorry about the quality)






0 comments: