A site dedicated to the discussion of the Wing-T offensive system and the Definative Wing-T
Buy a Copy of my Books today at scribd.com
Documents

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm blogging again

I've been away for a while. I realize this but I have really needed a break. I need this for more ways than one.

First of all my son and I have been sick. He started with strep throat. I than caught it from him but on top of that I also had the stomach Flue. I went to the doctor to get some amoxicillin and ended up taking two days off of school. Just when I thought I was getting better I ended up getting an sinus infection. I had the worst sinus headache last night. I was up all night after taking a decongestant while I was trying to sleep and trying to get into a comfortable position to sleep. I finally fell asleep at 3:30am and woke back up again at 5:30 when my alarm went off.

I have also been revamping my football playbook. I have been making it easier to read for both players and coaches. I have also been updating it with plays that I have been running the last couple of years. I have been using playmaker pro to make my playbook. I have finally finished it. I think I have done a pretty good job of it too!!

My playbook is based on the wing-t. I have modified it a little bit because I have found that with players and even some coaches have found it hard to figure out the numbering system. I decided that I would take the same premise but change 100, 900 200,800 etc. Into words. I now use Left, right, power left, etc. I have also decided that I would still number the series but I would also number the back to the hole. So now My play calling would look something like this:

Right 238 sweep. ( I number odd and even)

I was already to start applying for head coaching positions again. I updated my resume and started to scan the papers and started to get the word out to a couple of people that I know that I would be interested in being a head coach again. I even submitted an application to a couple of schools. I was called in for an interview at a pretty good school. There are quite a few people applying to this school too.

Any way to make a long story short, When we found out that my wife was pregnant and that the due date just happened to be during during the football season. We decided that maybe the best thing for me to do would be to put off becoming a head coach for one more year. That way I can be home with my wife and the baby when the time comes.

I am looking forward to my new baby and I am looking forward to another season as an assistant.

0 comments: